Ecomesh Adiabatic Pre-Cooling for Air-cooled chillers
Cost reductions using Natural Processes
EcoMESH is a unique mesh and water spray system that improves the performance of Air Cooled Chillers, Dry Coolers and Refrigeration plant whilst reducing energy consumption by 30 40%. EcoMESH has been fitted to units worldwide where its patented water spray technology has helped companies to reduce their energy intensity without having to resort to significant capital expenditure. Once fitted, it is virtually maintenance free.
EcoMESH is based around proven principles that have been known for millennia. The use of water and air flow to cool has been used by ancient Chinese, Roman and Persian societies. Many Australian citizens are familiar with the widespread use of evaporative air conditioning in homes, where water is added to a pad through which air is drawn to reduce the temperature. EcoMESH simply uses water to reduce the temperature of air before it is drawn into the heat rejection coil of an air conditioner, and in so doing reduces the duty that the air conditioning system is subjected to. Lower temperature at input means lower energy costs converting the air to the required temperature! This simple principle is called adiabatic cooling.
Why would you choose to install EcoMESH ?
- Reduces your costs: The installation of EcoMESH can reduce electrical running costs by 30 40%.
- Safe and miserly water use: Though it increases your water usage, water consumption is minimised as the spray is intermittent and only activated when required, hence it consumes up to 79% less water than any other wet system. With no reservoir and a large droplet size, there is no chemical treatment required and no health risks.
- Quick payback: A typical payback period from installation of an EcoMESH system is 21 weeks no more than one cooling season.
- Increased reliability: EcoMESH extends the life and reliability of your compressor by reducing the amount of work it needs to do, and by providing shade to the heat rejection coil and protection from snow and dust storms.
- Extends Capacity: EcoMESH extends the capacity of your existing air conditioning system by reducing the amount of work it needs to do. This can leave more headroom for coping with extreme temperature events and avoid downtime during heatwaves.
- Reduces maintenance: EcoMESH protects the external parts of your air conditioning system and allows it to work less hard, all of which means less maintenance. EcoMESH itself is virtually maintenance free, with no need for replacement nozzles or meshes.
EcoMESH can be retrofitted to any make and size of air conditioning and refrigeration unit, (mini split, air-cooled chiller, rooftop unit) without affecting warranty. Unlike evaporative pads, there is negligible pressure drop, and so existing fans can continue to be used.